Aemc Megohmmeter Model 6505
The AEMC 6505 (2130.18) Digital/Analog Megohmmeter is a True Megohmmeter portable instrument housed in a rugged field case that operates on either battery or line power. It performs voltage, insulation, and capacitance measurements. This instrument contributes to the safety of electrical installations and equipment.
Features include automatic calculation and presentation of the Dielectric Absorption Ratio (DAR) and Polarization Index (PI). The Model 6505 displays the test voltage, insulation resistance and the leakage current during the test. Capacitance of the sample and discharge voltage present at the test leads is displayed at the conclusion of the test.
The Model 6505 is designed with a high level of built-in safety features. This meter incorporates test inhibit capabilities which will not allow test voltages to be generated if a live sample is detected. The test terminals are recessed to ensure operating safety.
- Test voltage selections of 500V, 1000V, 2500V and 5000V
- Insulation measurements from 30kΩ to 10TΩ
- Automatic calculation of DAR and PI values
- Adjustable and programmable test voltage (40 to 5100V)
- Direct measurement and display of capacitance and leakage current
- Display of resistance, test voltage and run time
- Programmable test run times and PI ratio times
- Automatic test inhibition (if live sample >25V)
- Automatic discharge and display of discharge voltage
- Large backlit LCD dual-display
- Rugged, dual wall, weatherproof field case
- Designed and built to IEC safety standards
- EN 61010-1, 1000V CAT III