- Product Dimensions: 17.5 x 6.6 x 1.5 inches ; 0.64 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
The Fowler Heavy Duty stainless steel dial caliper has dial graduations of 0.001" with 0.001" accuracy, a thick frame and long jaws for use in rigorous environments, a sliding jaw with a lock, and a covered rack. This caliper has a knurled lock screw to hold the sliding jaw in position and help ensure a consistent measurement. A covered rack prevents dirt and debris from clogging the gear, and helps prevent measurement errors. A thumb-operated fine adjustment roller allows for one-handed use. This caliper is used for measuring inside dimensions (ID), outside dimensions (OD), depth, and step.
The caliper measures 0.10" per revolution of the dial. The white dial has 0.001" graduations, and the beam has engraved 0.10" graduations. The hardened stainless steel components, including the bar, measuring surfaces, rack, gears, and depth rod, offer corrosion resistance, increased accuracy, and long life. Self-contained movement eliminates gear misalignment, while the dual pinion drive mechanism reduces wear on the rack and pinion. An adjustable dial enables setting zero. Spring anti-backlash control offers increased accuracy over standard gear configurations. Backlash is the amount of clearance between mated gear teeth in the caliper controls that prevents the gear teeth from jamming. It is undesirable to have much backlash due to the lack of precision offered by the increased amount of play between gears. Certain gear designs can minimize or eliminate backlash; spring anti-backlash systems use a spring to add a compressive force, thereby minimizing backlash. The hardened stainless steel is polished to a satin chrome finish, to help prevent glare. This caliper comes with a fitted case.
- Dial graduations of 0.001", with one revolution equivalent to 0.100"
- Hardened stainless steel construction for corrosion resistance and long life
- Thick frame and long jaws for use in rigorous environments
- Knurled lock screw holds the sliding jaw in position to help ensure a consistent measurement
- Covered rack to prevent dirt and debris from clogging the gear, and to help prevent measurement errors
|Maximum Measurement||12 inches|
|Graduation Interval||0.001 inches|
|Item Weight||0.705 ounces|
|Size||12" Maximum Measuring, 2.875" Jaw Depth, 0.001" Graduation Interval|
|Style||12" 0.001" 0.001" 52-025-112-0 12" Maximum Measuring, 2.875" Jaw Depth, 0.001" Graduation Interval Heavy Duty Dial|
- Fowler Heavy Duty dial caliper
- Fitted case