Mitutoyo 103-262 Outside Micrometer, Baked-enamel Finish, Ratchet Stop
MIC, OUTSIDE, 1-2¬î, 0 .0001¬î, R Mitutoyo 103-262 Outside Micrometer, Baked-enamel Finish, Ratchet Stop, 1-2" Range, 0.0001" Graduation, +/-0.0001" Accuracy, Angled Frame
The Mitutoyo 103 series outside micrometer has a vernier scale in inch units for taking precise outside diameter (OD) measurements, and a ratchet-stop mechanism for uniform pressure during adjustment. The micrometer’s frame has a baked enamel finish for protection and durability. The vernier scale on the thimble and sleeve is graduated to 0.001”, with a satin chrome rust- and glare-resistant finish. The spindle and anvil have flat measuring faces and are carbide-tipped for wear resistance. A spindle lock helps provide secure locking of the measurement position.
Micrometers are precision measuring instruments that use a calibrated screw to measure small distances. These measurements are translated into large rotations of the screw that are then able to be read from a scale or a dial. Micrometers are typically used in manufacturing, machining, and mechanical engineering. There are three types of micrometer: outside, inside, and depth. Outside micrometers may also be called micrometer calipers, and are used to measure the length, width, or outside diameter of an object. Inside micrometers are typically used to measure interior diameter, as in a hole. Depth micrometers measure the height, or depth, of any shape that has a step, groove, or slot.
- Vernier scale in inch units for taking precise outside diameter (OD) measurements
- Ratchet-stop mechanism helps provide uniform pressure for precise, repeatable measurements
- Baked enamel finish for protection and durability of frame
- Satin chrome finish on thimble and sleeve helps resist rust and reduce glare
- Carbide facing on spindle and anvil provides wear resistance
- Range:1-2 inch
- Type:Mechanical with Digit Counter
- SPC Output:No
- Accuracy:+/- .0001"