The GasWatch 2 from RKI Instruments is the first single-gas monitor that can be comfortably worn on the wrist like a watch, or clipped to a belt, hard hat or other protective wear. The GasWatch 2 is a convenient, inexpensive, hands-free method of gas monitoring for personal protection of oxygen deficiency, carbon monoxide or hydrogen sulfide. The built-in vibrating, audible and visual alarms immediately alert the user of a dangerous gas condition.
The GasWatch 2 is controlled by a microprocessor for reliability and advanced capabilities and will operate for over 3000 hours on one battery (about 1 year normal use). And yes, the GasWatch 2 even tells the time!
The GasWatch 2 is regulated by advanced microprocessor technology for reliable and accurate readings. Additionally, the gas watch has a triple alarm feature to notify wearers of dangerous conditions. The flashing lights, audible buzzer, and vibration alert is sure to be noticed on the jobsite. The large digital LCD display screen with a backlight will also automatically activate and provide a readout of the gas conditions, PEAK, TWA, and STEL readings. The unit also notifies wearers of possible equipment malfunction. As can be expected, it also tells time.
Although the GasWatch 2 is designed for convenient use on the wrist, the device may also be worn on a belt, hard hat, or protective gear. RKI Instruments makes compatible clips for customers to use when wearing the GasWatch 2.
- Weighing in at approximately 2 ounces, the GasWatch 2 is extremely compact with dimensions of 2.5"W x 1.7"H x 0.9"D
- The power source is one coin lithium battery (CR2450)
- The long life battery can operate for over 3,000 hours or 1 year of normal use with no alarms or backlighting
- A typical response time for the unit is approximately 20 seconds for oxygen and 30 seconds for hydrogen sulfide and carbon monoxide
- To preserve the integrity and security of the device, the unit is housed in a high-impact casing that is dust proof and weather proof
• 3 gases to choose from: CO, H2S, or O2
• Hands-free gas monitoring
• Compact “watch type” design
• Manual backlight
• Fast, accurate response with digital LCD display
• Sensor fail alarm
• Fits on your wrist, clothing, belt or hardhat
• Automatic backlight during alarm
• PEAK hold function (min. and max. values for O2)
• TWA and STEL function
• Displays current time
• Visual, audible, and vibrating alarms standard
• Over 3000 hours of operation from 1 battery
• Intrinsically safe, CSA, C/US approved
• 2 year warranty